well, the burlesque is still eating my life for another 10 days, but with lots of mindless time at the sewing machine, i’ve actually had a lot of time to think lately about what i want this blog to be and how i want things to work in the new year:
1. there’s a million websites that will tell you exactly what the deals are every week. i’d like to be less beholden to spitting out the obvious deals that are already everywhere anyway, and spend more time focusing things that are a little more personal, and the really really extraordinary bargains.
2. i’d like to make an effort to get more interactive. i’ll be starting with my very first maine-themed (cool stuff, not crap with blueberries painted on it) give-away happening in january (i just ordered it today!). i’d like to do something monthly, but since i’m not being showered in swag by sponsors- monthly might be a little pricey. we’ll see.
3. bring on the fashion. spending a lot of time with style bubble and lulu letty, and wanting to bring some low cost high style into play. thinking about instituting a thrifty crafty weekly column in somewhere in between wardrobe remix and wardrobe refashion.
4. debt! i need to make a more active effort to pay down my debt! expect more spending diets and crazy money-making schemes in 2010.
5. baking day experimentation. are there practical applications for monthly baking without being a christian homeschool family of 8? i think there could be! watch me wrestle with monthly meatless meal planning for 2!
that’s all i got for right now, but the ideas (some more golden than others) will continue to roll out until i’m ready to put it all into action. suggestions welcome! i’m still a little lost in this whole blogosphere place.