last week i felt like i was at a loss to come up with anything good worth investigation over the weekend (other than the hungry hungry hippos of course), but this week there seem to be a lot more deals worth cruising & perusing.
1. target- $1 skippy via saving cents with sense. supposedly on sale for $2(ish). print out the target coupon here, and if you’re wanting to load up, print out 2, and use the $1/2 skippy coupon from last week’s red plum, and get 2/$1.!
2. walmart- money making glade candles via nwadeals. if you were lucky enough to print out one of these babies before they disappeared, you’re in luck. otherwise, you can still use the $1/1 from last week’s smartsource to get one for $2. i’m not a big candle buff, but these actually smell really great. plus, they’re made with soy & paraffin instead of beeswax, which means that no bees were harmed in their making. *in researching that, i found this interesting discussion at the post punk kitchen on whether or not crayola crayons are vegan. the answer- maybe. you decide for yourself.
3. rite aid- money making lip balm. carmex moisture plus lip balm is on sale for $2.29 with a $2.29 SCR, and there’s a $1.50/1 coupon that you might still be able to get here, which will make you $1.50 richer at the end of the day.
4. possibly totally awesome book via money saving mom. the mommy bloggers are abuzz with news of the release of “the everyday coupon book”, on sale for various prices all over the internet. apparently you pay around $14, and you get $500 in “useful coupons”. no real word on how useful those coupons are, but i’m definitely intrigued. save for my sunday paper, i don’t believe in paying for coupons. but even if the coupons in this book turn out to be sucky, there’s “recipes, health and diet tips, and more“. more importantly, proceeds benefit susan g. komen for the cure, and donation to a worthy cause is one of my top 6 ways to stay classy.
5. borders! there’s a 40% any one book (in-store or online) printable on the website right now, good through this weekend. i generally buy books 2nd hand (remember my $.99 copy of middlemarch from last weekend?), but if you’re looking for something that is unlikely to turn up at the goodwill, or giving a book as a gift, this is a great way to save some $$$.
6. free magazine & coupons! many thanks to madame deals for alerting us to the existence/launch of proctor & gamble rouge magazine. i love getting mail, especially if said mail is bearing coupons. make-up tips and whatever are ok too. sign up, it’s free!
7. whole paycheck! (at least that’s what we call whole foods in these parts.) if you’re a food snob, vegan/vegetarian, organic fiend, or what-have-you, baton rouge mommy has compiled a lovely list of the bargains worth seeking at whole foods this week. maybe you can even keep part of your paycheck.