so i had this brilliant idea that i was going to spend only the $65 that i had left from my craiglist sales this weekend… and yesterday was somewhat hopeful:
1. $1.04 really nice copy of middlemarch by george eliot @ goodwill. i’m trying to collect all 1001 books on this list.
2. giant metal peanut shaped peanut dish @ $1.04 + $1 donation to another goodwill. $2.04.
3. $6.45 micucci’s pizza and limonata.
4. $15.40 2 ferry tickets to go see sacred & profane on peak’s island.
5. $3.00 my half of a box of morningstar riblets & some rice pilaf for dinner.
$37.07 remaining. actually, $35 and some loose change.
decided this morning to get another $20 out of the ATM, because we were planning on hitting some cash-only flea markets, and i wanted to be prepared. unfortunately, it prepared me mostly for spending money that i shouldn’t, on things that are transient.
1. $12.65 for breakfast at hot suppa (fried green tomato benedict is the best thing on earth).
2. $10.00 to the bf for gas money for our adventure to the fairfield antiques mall and beyond.
3. $5.00 for u-pick apples, and $8.00 for a grilled cheese, apple turnover (warm), and a single size bottle of cider @ kents hill orchards.
4. finally found something worth buying in the form of 2 kathy allen nurse series books @ the lakeside antiques- $6.50.
5. $20.00 for giant sushi dinner at fuji.
6. 2 sunday papers- $3.50.
total for today: $57.65
plus yesterday: $85.58 almost all of it consumed. no wonder i’ve put on 30 lbs.